Wednesday 25 January 2012

On with the year.....

Was that it, winter I mean? There are snowdrops everywhere, the dafs are appearing and my indoor Hyacinth are dying back. Inside my greenhouse I've cut back the sweet pea yet again and I counted them.... lots! 

I made Coq au Vin today. Never before had I considered jointing a bird for this purpose, normally I would just buy the specific pieces I needed. Now that I have a few birds in the freezer I decided to try to do it myself. 

It was a doddle, I watched this clip on my laptop http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/techniques/jointing butchering my bird alongside the chef's. I paused the computer occasionally in order to catch up,..... such a shame you can't do that in real life! 

Then I popped over to Delia Smith for my recipe, Chicken with onions, garlic, red wine, and salty streaky bacon. Delicious. Et voila, dinner was in the oven. I'll let you know how it tasted later this week.... 

The decorating continues, we're not finished yet but we are getting there. What do you think?

Before


During.... Terracotta for all cupboards.



2 comments:

  1. Well done with the bird! Sounds delicious. I think Delia has always been my go to recipe book so many times. The kitchen is looking great. What a transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely! Fabulous job. I like the old kitchy way as well, but this is much more fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

The Archers at The Larches

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Lou - Chicken whisperer....

Snowy and Moon

Snowy and Moon